“The Talent Management Toolbox” and customized talent management applications and programs
Mobilizing and managing human assets has become one of the most critical factors for organizational success. Our experience and research indicates clearly that maximizing the contribution of all team members requires a systemic approach that relies on the following characteristics.
- Alignment of individual and team behavior and goals with organizational values and strategies. Alignment clarifies expectations from the top to the bottom of the organization, supporting development of a clear line of sight for each person about his or her contribution.
- Integration of talent management applications into a common set of processes based on common success criteria. Linking each element of the performance lifecycle together improves employees’, managers’, and HR’s ability to execute a coordinated talent management approach, thereby improving organizational performance.
- Distribution of accountability and learning using enabling tools, training, technology, and supports, which better empower individuals and managers to make talent management interventions work.
Schoonover Associates helps organizations develop, refine, and/or augment selected elements of their talent management systems and design and implement comprehensive talent management strategies.
- Expertise and extensive experience in the full range of talent management applications;
- Available best practices intellectual property, including guidelines, tools, and training, for each application;
- Ability to provide both rapid, off-the-shelf and highly-customized solutions;
- In-depth capabilities for integrating talent management applications into a cohesive TM approach.
- Speed of application development;
- Reduced cost for development and implementation;
- Ability to tailor approach to fit existing organization applications and practices.
Case Study Examples
- Created integrated competency-based talent management system for a large global food company;
- Developed competency-based succession planning program for a large power company;
- Created a global performance management system, including application of competencies and goal management for a global conglomerate.