How Business Management Leadership Coaching Can Help You and Your Teams Succeed.
Our coaching services draw upon over five decades of experience, encompassing advice provided to individuals, teams, and entire organizations through psychotherapy, counseling sessions, executive coaching, career development guidance, and coaching and mentoring programs. Our interventions span a wide range, from one-on-one sessions addressing specific issues or opportunities to comprehensive programs engaging multiple leaders in long-term processes aimed at bringing about substantial organizational transformations.
Our coaching approach is grounded in a set of foundational guiding principles:
- Attentive Listening and Questioning: Effective leadership coaching relies on the ability to perceive what others might miss through careful listening and thoughtful questioning.
Reframing for New Perspectives: Leadership development involves stepping back and reframing situations to generate fresh perspectives.
- Aligning Intentions and Actions: Adaptive leadership helps individuals recognize disparities between their intentions and actions.
- Identifying Destructive Patterns: Our coaching provides an understanding of destructive thinking and behavioral patterns that can erode relationships.
- Uncovering Hidden Possibilities: Effective coaching motivates individuals by revealing previously unseen possibilities.
- Balancing Perspective: Coaching requires the ability to maintain a balance between identifying with the coachee’s perspective and providing objective, constructive feedback.
- Goal Setting and Execution: Excellent coaching involves facilitating individuals to establish and achieve personally meaningful goals.
- Continuous Improvement: Superior coaching requires an ongoing commitment to enhancing the compatibility between the coach and the person being coached.
We acknowledge that leadership coaching can involve various roles, including relationship manager, mentor, life planner, empowerment advocate, context manager, and strategist.
Our standard coaching process follows a “Coaching Life Cycle” comprised of six phases:
Phase 1 – Purpose: Involves an initial interview to establish the coaching purpose, set preliminary goals, and define desired outcomes.
Phase 2 – Assessment: Encompasses in-depth interviews and situational leadership challenges assessment, leading to preliminary insights.
Phase 3 – Analysis: Focuses on issue formulation, opportunity identification, and strategy development, culminating in a report outlining the coaching scope, interventions, roles, goals, and focus areas.
Phase 4 – Planning: Concentrates on developing a coaching charter, serving as a contract for specified services, including plans, responsibilities, goals, risks, and quality standards.
Phase 5 – Execution: Encompasses the delivery of coaching sessions, typically conducted over several months to a year, with regular checkpoints to monitor progress.
Phase 6 – Evaluation: Concludes the coaching relationship with an evaluation of progress and potential new goals, either disengaging from the process or formulating a new contract.
- Over 50 years of experience delivering individual and group coaching.
- Versatility in providing various coaching supports, from sessions to training and programs.
- Services are directly provided by Dr. Schoonover.
- Flexible delivery methods.
- Extensive coaching materials for tailored or off-the-shelf options.
- Rapid implementation.
- A wide array of assessment capabilities.
- Developed a global coaching and mentoring program for a large Asia-Pacific conglomerate.
- Provided individual coaching based on multi-rater assessment data for top leaders in a telecommunications company’s succession planning process.
- Created a mentoring program for a multinational food company.
- Developed a coaching training program for a US-based manufacturing organization.
- Individual coaching sessions typically range from $400 to $800, depending on duration.
- Our startup assessment and analysis report cost varies, depending on the elements applied, with a range of $2,000 to $10,000.