Schoonover Associates LLC provides innovative, customized solutions to help our clients maximize their human capital assets. Our consultants have created leadership and executive development programs ranging from one-on-one coaching to organization-wide programs involving talent pipelining, technology implementations, and comprehensive curriculum offerings. Our internationally recognized consultants create and implement programmatic and technology-based solutions across the talent management spectrum–hiring and selection, assessment, performance management, goal management and measurement, learning and development, career development, succession planning, leadership bench strength and pipeline development, and change management–often using a competency-based approach.
Our Value Proposition
Schoonover offers the following advantages for clients:
- Several decades of experience in leadership and talent management consulting.
- Access to comprehensive, research-based intellectual property in the form of competency models for leadership, management, and nearly all functional groups.
- Mature conceptual frameworks that are robust, flexible and can be applied in scalable manner; each includes clarity about underlying concepts that enables users a more in-depth understanding of and ability to manage the key drivers of behavior change.
- Best-practice applications in creating talent management systems.
- In-depth capabilities with the design, development, installation, and cultural integration of complex leadership and talent management programs.
- Comprehensive experience working at all organization levels, functions, industries, and global regions.
- Flexible support leadership and talent management implementation and rollout.
- Expertise in building and applying metrics for human assets programs.
Client Engagements by Industry
Schoonover Associates has experience in developing leadership and talent management applications in virtually all industry categories, including:
- Financial Services
- Consulting/Professional Services
- Legal Services
- Consumer Products/Services
- Information Technology
- Real Estate
Our Practice Leaders
Stephen and Helen Schoonover, pictured with their dog, Watson, are the principal consultants and owners of the company. While Steve started the organization in the 1980’s, the two of them have been working together on engagements, publications and creation of intellectual property for more than 25 years.
Stephen C. Schoonover, M.D., Partner
Dr. Stephen C. Schoonover is currently the President of Schoonover Associates, LLC, an organization that focuses on leadership development and competency-based talent management solutions. Dr. Schoonover has been providing consulting services in this area for over 30 years with organizations in virtually all business sectors, specializing in leadership and executive development, strategic human resource consulting, competency model building, assessment capabilities, and creating integrated talent management systems.
Helen B. Schoonover, Partner
Mrs. Schoonover, one of the principal partners at Schoonover Associates, provides management consulting services focusing on competency-based talent management to organizations. She focuses primarily on developing organizational structures, processes, and applications to improve efficiency, performance, commitment, and customer service. Mrs. Schoonover also manages the organization’s operations and leads our marketing and product development initiatives.