“Rapid Competency Prototyping” and customized core, leadership and functional competency development
Competency models or success profiles provide consistent criteria enabling integration and alignment of talent management processes with an organization’s business goals.
Schoonover Associates adopts an approach to competency development that focuses on using clear design criteria and model building best practices to link these success criteria to an organization’s human resource applications, evaluation processes, and effectiveness measurements.
- Robust database with thousands of competencies for all leadership levels and functional groups;
- Accompanying competency supports such as probe questions, coaching tips, development suggestions;
- Validated leadership competency framework with supporting tools, development suggestions, and training.
- Ability to create robust, clearly written models by using database of validated competencies;
- Save time and resources in model building through application of available intellectual property and tools;
- Enable translation of competencies into leadership and talent management applications using available tools and templates.
Case Study Examples
- Created functional competency profiles for Canadian financial services organization to support new strategic direction;
- Developed competency models, including behavioral scales with proficiencies levels for all job families in a global technology company;
- Created and integrated competencies into hiring/selection, performance management, career planning, and leadership development processes for a large telecommunications company.