Offers in-depth training in a one- or two-day session for groups, including a range of experiential exercises.
The course applies our Adaptive Leadership Perspectives competency profile and our Life Values and Preferences Inventory to drive a process for creating a specific, sustainable career plan. These criteria can be applied using a pre-class, on-line assessment and accompanying report or can be applied using self-assessment templates during the course.
The learning objectives for the course focus on helping participants:
- Apply an understanding of leadership career levels to both plan their own career and provide career coaching to others;
- Understand the key drivers that make lifelong career planning successful;
- Be able to assess their own career priorities in an ongoing manner;
- Be able to create an effective, achievable career and development plan;
- Be able to implement a process and apply accompanying tools to sustain lifelong career planning
The agenda for the course includes the following topics
- What is a career?
- What criteria work best for driving development and career planning?
- Adaptive leadership perspectives: overview of key principles;
- Adaptive leadership perspectives: contributions by career stage;
- The career and life planning process;
- Make your move
- Focusing your personal criteria
- Making your move happen
- Session summary
To complete each step in the career planning process outlined in more detail below, participants engage in individual and group exercises to explore concepts and document exercise outcomes.
|Career and Life Planning Process|
|Making Your MoVE||Key Outcomes|
|Clarifying Your Career Planning Purposes||Personal career vision statement, including ideal values, competencies and experiences to pursue|
|Evaluating Your Current Values Preferences|
|Defining Your “Motivated” Competencies|
|Determining Potential Future Roles|
|Evaluating Your Level of Fit for Identified Roles|
|Developing a “Personal Career Vision”|
|Refining Your Personal Criteria||Key Outcomes|
|Understanding the Current Career Environment and Trends||Statement of specific success criteria adapted to environmental demands and opportunities|
|Evaluating Your Current Life and Career Stage|
|Clarifying Your Personal Learning and Development Style|
|Understanding Your Personal Context|
|Establishing Your Personal Criteria for Success|
|Making Your MoVE Happen||Key Outcomes|
|Defining Supports for Your Career Plan||Practical action plan for career development|
|Clarifying Potential Development Activities|
|Creating and Implementing a Personal Development Plan|
|Establishing a Personal Brand|
|Making Your MoVE – A Lifelong Process|